Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cricket's Swap part 2

I love Swaps! Every one that I have joined has been different and enjoyable. Cricket's swap had a new challenge. We were to use only a new set from our Fabulous 2009-10 Idea Book and Catalog. And then we had to make 100 of them! The cards that I received back were stunning and every single one held something different to showcase. I selected several of my favorites and then asked for permission to post.
With our first batch of permissions in and without further adeu:
Showcased Selection Group 1
Every photo is enlargeable so don't forget to click!
Carol Payne created this beautiful Christmas card showcasing our new ornament punch and new Designer Series Paper. How beautiful is this?? Take a minute and enlarge this photo to see her focal point and creative use of punches that she used. Carol also has a blog for you to visit by clicking here.
This lovely card was created by Mary Polcin using our Autumn Days stamp set. This card is a great example of the Inked Texturz Plate Technique. Doesn't this card just get you in the mood for fall and the ever so quickly approaching holidays? She even went the extra mile to create a full card and not just the required card front.
Deb Valder created this elegant card. She also used the texturz plate to create a completely different effect. I love how clean and pretty this card comes across. I thought that is was a perfect example on how something doesn't have to be super busy to be elegant and stunning.


This card so makes me want to get back to the beach. I love the colors that were used here. This is a perfect teen card as well as my teens raved about it. Kelli Needham spent quite a bit of time on this baby. The "Surf's Up" saying was printed out in matching SU colors. (Did you know that you can set your printers to match SU's colors? I just found out.) Kelli has more details on her blog on what she did for this card. Her blog has lots of other little goodies there too. Click to visit " Create with Kelli ".

Holy Moly! I couldn't believe the amout of work that Christie Hagerhjelm put into her card. Between the punches, cutting, ribbon, googlie eyes and embossing...this card was above and beyond. This is one that you just have to enlarge to see all the elements. I can't think of one thing that she didn't incorporate. :) Way to go Christie!! If you would like to see more of Christie's work, visit her at: Doodle Daze

I love our new Specialty paper. Here is a card by Carol Stelzer-Wheaton that brings them together in a clean and classic layout. She used the Together Forever, the new Wedding Sweet and Monogram Sweet. New, new and new! I love it!


Okay, here is another one that stood out! This one was created by Shelly May. This was another one that my girls and I oogled over together. What you need to see (beyond her fabulous color choices) is the turtle's shell. She used SU's Glossy White paper to really create a standout focal point. Shelly's website is here at: Stamp Crazy Girl
This wonderful card has a hidden surprise and I so wish that blogs could have a 4D effect for you to experience it. I pulled this card as one of my favorites because I loved the clean and yet warm effect that this card has. Barb Coblentz really put some thought into this one. Every layer has something from her use of texture and sanding to paper piercing and sponging. When I pulled it out of the protective envelope, I found a wonder Lavender aroma coming with it. Yes! She used our Scallop Envelope die and filled it with some lavender in it. Talk about some relaxing yummy goodness!

This card, created by Tammy Mullins, was one of my first favorites. I love nature sets and her twist on this one just made me smile. Don't you just love happy cards?? So do my stampers as they have pulled and commented on this one alot too.
Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit today and that these cards helped to INSPIRE you to CREATE something special that you can SHARE with someone else.
A huge thank you goes out to the lovely ladies that were showcased here for allowing me to share with others your wonderful talent and to the many other stampers that participated.



1 comment:

michelle sturgeon said...

OK. I LOVE (love love love) those ostrich heads peeking out behind the trees. That cracks me up. I actually may buy this set JUST because of that. TOTALLY cute!