Monday, May 18, 2009

May Stamp Camp projects

***Kit Holders*** Your ribbon is going to be TIGHT to wrap and tie. We demonstrated how to tie the knot in the ribbon and then cut it in half. We then adhered the ends to the backside of the cardstock. Sorry if I forgot to mention that sooner.

SOFT SUMMER WATERCOLOR CRAYON CARD
STAMP SET: Soft Summer Occasions stamp set
PAPER: Riding Hood Red, Confetti
INK: Riding Hood Red, Sage Shadow
ACCESSORIES: Scallop Eyelet punch, Watercolor crayons (ruby red, chocolate chip and old olive)
TECHNIQUE: (Mist the stamp with water. Color directly onto the rubber. Spritz again when finished and stamp onto paper)

I used the watercolor technique (listed above) and 2 step stamped the focal point image. Set aside to dry. In the meantime, I stamped the front of the card with the "watercolor" looking floral image on the bottome of the card. I then cut and folded over 1 1/4 inch of the top of the card. I ran the edge through the scallop edge punch. I matted the watercolored confettin image onto the sage shadow box and centered on the front of the card. I then added the ribbon and adhered the flap down. The insert was merely another piece of confetti white paper and another floral image stamped on the top left and bottom right corners of the card. Sentiment was stamped in Sage Shadow.

24/7 FRIENDS SCRAPBOOK PAGE
STAMP SET: Warm Words, Great Friend
PAPER:Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Night of Navy
INK:Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue
BIG SHOT: Top Note Die, Lots of Tags
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon


This is our first time adding a scrapbook page to our Stamp Camp. I think that everyone loved the addition. Here is how it went together. On the Brocade Blue 12x12 page, I first randomly stamped the butterfly image with the Brocade ink. I then rolled the Friends wheel (with Brocade ink) using the Stampin' Around ruler. My next layer was the strip of Night of Navy with the Whisper White scalloped edge adhered under it. I then layed out the picture on the left with the tags and Top Note journaling box on top of the Night of Navy ribbon on the right. The Top Note box as well as the title tag are stamped with the stem image from the friends set in Bashful Blue. For a final element, I stamped (with Bashful Blue ink) and cut three butterflies out of Whisper White paper. I Just placed them where I felt they would go the best. A big THANK YOU goes to Dawn for letting me use a photo of her little blue-eyed beauty!!

MANHATTAN FOLDER SAND & BRAYER CARD

STAMP SET: All Holidays
PAPER:Whisper White, Regal Rose, Vellum, Chocolate Chip
INK:Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
ACCESSORIES: Brayer, brad, punch, Taffeta Ribbon, sanding blocks
BIG SHOT: Manhattan Folder, embosslit
TECHNIQUE: (Brayer ink onto White Cardstock creating a white core that you can sand.)

If you don't know by now, you know that I el ooo veee eee (LOVE) our Manhattan Folder! I just can't get enough! I could resist adding this one to our Stamp Camp just for the fun technique of Brayering and Sanding. Yes, the lightbulb moment that clicked for me. I totally forgot that we could create the white core on our cardstock just by simply brayering the top in a different color.

This card was brayered in Pretty in Pink and then run through the Big Shot with the Manhattan Folder. I then sanded the top of the embossed image, allowing the white cardstock core to show through. I then layer the top of the card with the vellum embosslit flower and Regal Rose scalloped border.


GOOD MORNING CHEEP TALK! GIFT CARD HOLDER
STAMP SET: Cheep Talk
PAPER: Good Morning Sunshine DSP, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
INK: Kiwi Kiss, YoYo Yellow, Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: Punches-tag large and small, small oval and single ribbon. Satin ribbon

This gift card holder set is so easy peasy! You gotta love it. Here is the front view. Just a tag punch label attached with our Kiwi Satin Ribbon.

Inside view. This is created by taking a 6x6 inch square and folding it in half on the diagonal. Then you open it and bring the other two sides into the center. Fold and close. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!! You could just put in a gift card at this point but I liked having just a little bit more telling why this is for them. The insert is stamped with the same colors on the Whisper White and then matted on the Kiwi Kiss.



PARISAN BREEZE NOTE CARD HOLDER
Stamp Set: Watercolor Vine Wheel, Matchbox Messages
Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Baja Breeze, chocolate chip, Parisan Breeze DSP, Whisper White

This project is a lot of fun. It goes together really easy just remember to use Sticky Tape so that what you attach to the textured DSP.
First, Lay ribbon out and adhere with snail adhesive. Don't worry about sticking long term. It is just to hold it while you put the binding on. Apply the binding to the center. I only use adhesive on the outside scalloped edges to allow better opening/closing of the Note Card holder.

This is what it should look like closed. If you have a kit from me, you actually have an addition scallop set that you can place on the front here.

Fold the note card holder on the score lines and once again, using sticky strip, adhere to the inside. I placed mine about 1/4 inch from the bottom.

This is what it should look like when the envelope holder and the note card holder are filled.

Here is a my sample of note cards that I made. Feel free to change and alter whatever you desire.


All projects are 100% Stampin' Up!

No comments: