Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Scratch and Sniff Technique

Happy Wednesday!

Today I thought that I would share a little something different for you. Instead of a card, I am sharing a technique with you. I especially love using this technique for fun and fruity images . So with spring in the air and summer not far behind, I am hoping that this will add some inspiration to your next project. I would love to see what you make with this!!




Scratch & Sniff


Directions:

1) Mix 1 part SUGAR-FREE* drink mix to 1-1/2 parts Clear Stampin' Emboss powder.

2) Stamp your bold image on card stock with a color that coordinates with your embossing powder mix.



3) Using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, stamp your image a second time in VersaMark ink.

4) Pour embossing powder mix over image and heat emboss.



Tips:
If you only want to emboss a portion of your image, use a VersaMarker to ink the desired section of your stamp for step 3.

You can use Craft ink for step 2 and skip step 3.

*Your drink mix should be sugar-free because heated sugar crisps and browns.

No comments: