Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bee My Valentine...with circle scissors plus!! Tutorial


I just love the new Circle Scissors plus! It made this card an absolute breeze. Thank you for coming by to see my happy little bumblebees. When I saw that this set had three different little bumbles, I knew I wanted to make a spinning wheel card. The Circle Scissors Plus made this all possible with wonderfully clean lines. :)

Bee My Valentine Recipe:

Ingredients:
Paper: Barely Banana CS, Almost Amethyst CS, Whisper White CS, Riding Hood Red CS

Ink: Stazon Black, Markers: Blush Blossom, Bashful Blue, Almost Amethyst, Summer Sun, YoYo Yellow, Certainly Celery

Accessories: scissors, Circle Scissors Plus, Crystal Effects, Heart to Heart punch, brad, paper piercer, exacto knife, dimensionals, 1 1/4" circle punch


Directions:
Create Amethyst Card base so that it measures 5 1/2" by 4 1/4". Cut Barely Banana CS so that it measures 4" by 5 1/4". You will also need a Whisper White Cardstock square that is no smaller than 4 1/4". Center your white square with the circle cutter. You will cut a 4" circle from it. Next you will cut you Barely Banana CS with the circle cuteer. You will make two half circle cuts. You will need to make sure that your cs is centered and cut it from the halfway mark. You will make two half circle cuts. One at the 1" measurement and one at the 3".

I then bent the half circle inward and cut with my exacto knife on the fold line. Mark the center of your circle and punch a hole for your brad to slip into. Using your half moon cut out, mark your white cirle so that you will know where to keep your bees aligned. Stamp and color your bees on the Whisper White circle.

Punch your hole in your Banana cs. Make sure that your hole is aligned with the straight cut edge of the half circle.

I then roughly put the WW circle and the BB together to mark where to punch the side. Make sure you remove your circle before you punch or your dial will have a knotch in it. I then centered the Banana cs onto the Amethyst cs and continued to punch the Amethyst cs to match.

Now, before you assemble your card, stamp any other images to the Banana cs. I stamped my flower stems and saying. Time to assemble. Place your Banana cs and your circle together with the brad. Only place your adhesive UP TO THE WHEEL. Do not stick your wheel with adhesive or it won't spin. If you are adding the hearts, I had to add two dimensionals (one on either side of the spinner)so that the hearts would not catch.
Stamp, color and Crytal effect your beehive. Cut out (make sure your crystal effect is dry) and adhere with dimensionals. I centered my beehive with the 1" half circle mark, placing a dimensional directly to the brad head. I then added the flower heads that I had stamped and cut out. I also added the hearts as I spun my little cute bees around.

I hope this helps you with recreating this card. Let me know if you make one as I would love to see your rendition.

Barbara Jean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is a fabulous card - thanks for the great tutorial! Ali